Student Opinions on House

Danica Davelli, Staff Writer

Fulton Creek

Hayli Marsh and Vincent Hupp
Freshman Vincent Hupp (left) and senior Hayli Marsh (right) are in Fulton Creek. (Danica Davelli)
  • Vincent Hupp

What grade are you in? Freshman

What is your favorite thing about house? I get to see my friends, and I like the games we play.

What would you change about house, if anything? Nothing

• Hayli Marsch

What grade are you in? Senior

What is your favorite thing about house? I like interacting with everyone and all of the games. Especially the powder puff game.

What would you change about house, if anything? We need more people to participate. I feel like this year there is a lack of participation. In the house rooms the participation is good, but the things outside of our house rooms are lacking.

What changes have you seen from 2 years ago to this year? None

Do you like house at the end of the day, or middle of the day better? Middle of the day.

Houk

Erin Madden and Jeremiah Rutheford
Junior Erin Madden (left) and sophomore Jeremiah Rutheford (right) are in Houk. (Danica Davelli)
  • Jeremiah Rutheford

What grade are you in? Sophomore

What is your favorite thing about house? The games.

What would you change about house, if anything? Force people into participating.

• Erin Madden

What grade are you in? Junior

What is your favorite thing about house? All of the competitions that we do. It’s a great way to build community and I get to talk to so many people that I wouldn’t otherwise talk to.

What would you change about house, if anything? I would put the house period back in the middle of the day. It feels like there’s more participation when it’s a break in the middle of the day rather than the end of the day.

What changes have you seen from 2 years ago to this year? The freshmen and sophomores have never experienced house so they’re a little apprehensive to participate, however the juniors and seniors have done a really good job of getting people up and involved in the competitions that we have had so far.

Do you like house at the end of the day, or middle of the day better? Middle of the day.

Ridge

Jason White and Kaeden Ransom
Freshman Jason White (left) and senior Kaeden Ransom (right) are in Ridge. (Danica Davelli)
  • Jason White

What grade are you in? Freshman

What is your favorite thing about house? The competitions.

What would you change about house, if anything? I would make it in the middle of the day instead of at the end of the day.

• Kaeden Ransom

What grade are you in? Senior

What is your favorite thing about house? How much spirit there is, being able to compete, and being able to do all of the things we missed out on last year.

What would you change about house, if anything? Nothing

What changes have you seen from 2 years ago to this year? There is a lot more pride for house. People seem more excited about house and all of the competitions.

Do you like house at the end of the day, or middle of the day better? Both, it depends.

Steamtown

Lainie Rafey and Anna Fenton
Sophomore Lainie Rafey (left) and junior Anna Fenton (right) are in Steamtown. (Danica Davelli)
  • Lainie Rafey

What grade are you in? Sophomore

What is your favorite thing about house? The activities we do.

What would you change about house, if anything? I would want to do more activities because we rarely do them.

• Anna Fenton

What grade are you in? Junior

What is your favorite thing about house? Most of the time it’s quiet and I like that.

What would you change about house, if anything? I wish there was more going on and I wish it was a different time of the day.

What changes have you seen from 2 years ago to this year? The fact that it’s at the end of the year.

Lockport

Aiva Niemi and Brady Gazarek
Freshman Aiva Niemi and
Senior Brady Gazarek are in Lockport. (Danica Davelli)
  • Aiva Niemi

What grade are you in? Freshman

What is your favorite thing about house? I like that it is a mix of people, and not just one grade.

What would you change about house, if anything? Add more activities with the other rooms in our house and just more activities in general.

• Brady Gazarek

What grade are you in? Senior

What is your favorite thing about house? All houses have a chance this year, and its more fair.

What would you change about house, if anything? Add a few more side competitions throughout the school year.

What changes have you seen from 2 years ago to this year? A lot more people are getting involved.

Fairview

Eliza Riggs and Quinn Neeper
Freshman Quinn Neeper (left) and Senior Eliza Riggs (right) are in Fairview.
(Danica Davelli)
  • Quinn Neeper

What grade are you in? Freshman

What is your favorite thing about house? We get to just talk to people and do extra work if were missing something.

What would you change about house, if anything? Nothing.

• Eliza Riggs

What grade are you in? Senior

What is your favorite thing about house? I like that I can be friends with people I wouldn’t usually be friends with because of the house activities and house rooms.

What changes have you seen from 2 years ago to this year? It feels like people aren’t as talkative in house this year.

Sugar Grove

Ian Walker and Claire Stien
Senior Ian Walker (left) and Claire Stein (right) are in Sugar Grove (Danica Davelli)
  • Claire Stein

What grade are you in? Sophomore

What is your favorite thing about house? The environment. You can make a lot of friends.

• Ian Walker

What grade are you in? Senior

What is your favorite thing about house? I get to play Euchre with my friends.

What would you change about house, if anything? Make it not mandatory.

What changes have you seen from 2 years ago to this year? I just came to Hayes last year. 

Do you like house at the end of the day, or middle of the day better? N/A

Prospect Hill

Jackson Gaulard and Jeff Blystone
Sophomore Jackson Gaulard and Junior Jeff Blystone are in Prospect Hill. (Danica Davelli)
  • Jackson Gaulard

What grade are you in? Sophomore

What is your favorite thing about house? It’s a nice period at the end of the day for you to cool down before you have to go to practice or go home. 

• Jeff Blystone

What grade are you in? Junior

What is your favorite thing about house? I like it as a cooldown period at the end of the day.

What would you change about house, if anything? I’d like it if we could go room to room within our houses.

What changes have you seen from 2 years ago to this year? None.

Do you like house at the end of the day, or middle of the day better? End of the day.