Seniors talk about their favorite high school memories

With the end of the school year coming to an end, we say farewell to the seniors and get their final thoughts on their expierence.

Kamryn Drake

Collage of different memories from the 2021-2022 school year including fair week, prom, and House Games.

Kamryn Drake, Staff Writer

Gabrielle Condo

1. What is one word you would use to describe your high school experience?

Rewarding.

2.What is your favorite memory from Hayes?

Going on the New York trip with symphonic choir.

3. What are you going to miss most?

The people, the teachers, and the atmosphere.

4. What are you most excited about?

Making new relationships with new people.

5. What are your plans for the future?

I’m going to Ohio State University. I’m majoring in Business Economics and minoring in Fashion and Retail Studies.

6. If you could tell the underclassman one thing about high school what would it be?

Don’t take it for granted because it goes by fast. The years here are some of the best years that I’ve had.

Final Thoughts:

High school is what you make it, so make the most of it. I will forever bleed orange and black. Raptor up and go Pacers!

— Gabrielle Condo

Evelyn Mignanou

Busy.

2. What is your favorite memory from Hayes?

House Games freshman year. I really liked being able to walk around the school and not have to deal with a schedule or anything. It was honestly fun just messing around with my friends.

3. What are you going to miss most?

I think it’s really easy to interact, make plans and connect with people at Hayes. I think it’s going to have to be having to start making new friends which is scary, but also fun.

4. What are you most excited about?

I like going down a path I get to choose. You get to choose your major and what career you’re going into. So, just making your own choices and not having to go a certain way.

5. What are your plans for the future?

I’m going to OSU for medical anthropology. It’s basically about the study of humans in the medical field and hospitals and everything like that.

I think I would tell them to go out of your way to make friends and go out of your way to join a bunch of things because that’s what really made me happy towards the end of my high school career.

Ryan Polter

Special.

Winning districts and being a part of the basketball team.

3. What are you going to miss most?

Basketball.

4. What are you most excited about?

Moving in with my buddies.

5. What are your plans for the future?

I’m going to be attending Columbus State majoring in finance. I’ll be moving down there with my two best friends.

Don’t procrastinate. Get your work done. Start finding really good friends and you don’t have to change yourself.

Maddie Stahl

Hectic because I had structure, schedule, and stuff like that, but at first it was definitely hectic. But once you get through it, it’s like this big sigh of relief.

Freshman year house games was so much fun. I signed up for everything I could. The people there all had the same interests as you and you all kind of come together to work as a team.

3. What are you going to miss most?

Seeing my friends every day because we’re all going away.  I don’t get to see them outside of school very much, so coming here and seeing them every day was helpful. The fact we’re all going to different colleges now is going to be sad and hard but we’ll find ways to keep in contact.

4. What are you most excited about?

I’m excited to be independent. I’ve shared a room with my sister my entire life. So the fact that I get my own space instead of a cramped house, and I can go and choose what I want is exciting.

5. What are your plans for the future?

I plan on going to Ohio State University to major in nursing then I want to go to grad school after to get my bachelor’s and get a license in anesthesia so I can become an anesthesiologist.

Keep your stuff organized. The more organized you are, the easier it’s going to be to keep track of your things and the easier it is to just get stuff done. The more organized the better.

Big Hill is the best house!

— Maddie Stahl

Mark Sulek

Unique because I was a freshman before Covid and now kind I’m ending high school in the fallout. Where it’s getting a little bit back to normal, but definitely not the same as what it was when I was a freshman.

Senior prom. I think it’s because we didn’t get a junior prom, so senior prom kind of felt like everything was back to normal a bit. I got to see my friends that I wouldn’t normally see, and everybody was together, and it was a really good time dancing.

3. What are you going to miss most?

Seeing people I wouldn’t usually hangout with almost like being with another crowd that maybe I wouldn’t be with if I was just on my own time because a lot of people have a lot of different perspectives or stories. It’s really fun to be with all types of groups of people.

4. What are you most excited about?

I’m definitely excited to play golf in college. I’m really looking forward to that, looking forward to meeting new people and being on campus.

5. What are your plans for the future?

I’m going to play golf at Wittenberg University down in Springfield, Ohio, and I’ll be studying in computer science and minoring in international business.

Be respectful, have a good work ethic and do stuff you wouldn’t usually do because you’ll grow as a person.

Respect others, peace and love.

— Mark Sulek

Isaac Robinson

Fast.

It’s got to be freshman year house games.

3. What are you going to miss most?

The teachers and all the students. I’m not going to see a lot of them after high school so, I’m going to miss them.

4. What are you most excited about?

Starting a new life.

5. What are your plans for the future?

I’m going into the military after high school. The Air Force.

I would definitely tell them to do as much as they possibly can because everything is temporary in high school.

Final Thoughts:

Make it fun and it will be. If you want to go to college and your a freshman do good because you don’t want to be rushing everything your junior and senior year.

— Isaac Robinson