Hayes student athletes sign to continue their athletic and academic careers

Audra Lyon, Natalie Dye, Colin MIlligan, and Jesse Burris stand together after signing.
Used with permission from Above the Light Photography

Four of Hayes High School’s athletes signed their formal commitments to continue their academic and athletic careers on national signing day, November 9.
Students witnessed seniors Jesse Burris, Natalie Dye, Audra Lyon and Colin Milligan sign to where they will call home for the next four years.

Coaches Keith Butts, Rob Price and Adam Vincenzo stand behind Jesse Burris after he signed to play basketball at Ohio University.
Coaches Keith Butts, Rob Price and Adam Vincenzo stand behind Jesse Burris after he signed to play basketball at Ohio University. (Used with permission from Above the Light Photography)
Jesse Burris

Hayes basketball player Jesse Burris committed to Ohio University to carry on his basketball career under the guidance of Head Coach Jeff Boals. While playing basketball at the Division One level, he plans on majoring in education and minoring in coaching as he hopes to become a social studies teacher and basketball coach.
Burris said that he has a love for the sport and is excited to continue playing.
“I’ve always been someone who has loved competition,” Burris said. “The thought of competing at the level I am fortunate [to be] at is a dream come true.”
Burris has been a starting player for Hayes since his freshman year and has been 1 of 8 players to score 1,000 points during his time in the men’s basketball program. He said that he looks forward to continuing that success as a Bobcat.

Senior Natalie Dye after signing to play soccer for the Detroit Mercy Titans.
Senior Natalie Dye after signing to play soccer for the Detroit Mercy Titans. (Used with permission from Above the Light Photography)
Natalie Dye

Lady Pacer soccer player Natalie Dye signed to continue her academic and athletic career as a Detroit Mercy Titan. She will be playing at the Division One level with Head Coach Steve Shelton and will be majoring in accounting, planning on earning her MBA.
Dye had a few setbacks in the recruiting process due to an injury, yet she said that Detroit Mercy felt like home to her.
“I felt relieved when I visited the University of Detroit Mercy, “ Dye said. “It felt like the right fit for me.”
Going into the collegiate level, Dye has played varsity all four years of high school. Apart from high school soccer, Dye has gone to nationals with her club team. She said that she is ready to be a part of the team and play with her new teammates.

Audra Lyon signs her official commitment to play lacrosse at The University of Tampa.
Audra Lyon signs her official commitment to play lacrosse at The University of Tampa. (Used with express permission from Above the Light Photography)
Audra Lyon

Audra Lyon is a lacrosse player for Hayes and plans to continue at The University of Tampa. She will be majoring in health and science in hopes of going into nursing.
Lyon said that Tampa was the right fit for her because of the environment of competition it provided; providing not just lacrosse, but also what she needed academically.
“I chose Tampa because it had a really good nursing program,” Lyon said. “I [also] liked the atmosphere of the campus.”
One of Lyons’ accomplishments is scoring 100 points in a single season. She also received the title for being on the first team for the Ohio Capital Conference her sophomore and

junior year. She is looking forward to the competition that playing at the division 2 level will allow her to participate in.

Colin Milligan sits while his family stands behind him after the signing event.
Colin Milligan sits while his family stands behind him after the signing event. (Used with permission from Above the Light Photography)
Colin Milligan

Hayes pitcher Colin Milligan committed to Eastern Michigan University to play Division One baseball. Milligan said that he is looking forward to the challenge that playing Division one baseball is going to allow him while being coached by Coach Britt and Coach Prince. Alongside baseball, he will be majoring in health and science.
Miligan said that the university was the right fit for him because of the welcoming culture.
“[Eastern Michigan] showed the most interest in me,” Milligan said. “The players were also all very friendly and easy to get along with.”
During Milligan’s time at Hayes he received a title for being on the first team for the Ohio Capital Conference. and an all district honorable mention his junior year. He hopes to carry on his top speed of a 93 mph fastball to Eastern Michigan.